Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of valuation class in FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings!

My client they are asking more material type for seeing the purchase values in finance side.

Ex: 1, Raw Material

2, Finsihed Goods

3, Trading Goods

Note: In FI side could you tell me based on the valuation class, What are all the thinks we can see in reports..some think

Could you explain me.

RGS,

PRIYA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Valuation class is used to valuate the stock of the material and it posts the stock values of materials of same material types to posted to different G/L accounts, different material types to same G/L account.

First you need to maintain the material types in OMS2,for this material types we will maintain the valuation classes in OMSK.

Thanks and regards,

Hari Challa.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya

Standard TCodes from MC dot 1 to MC dot 9 will have selection field "Valuation Class". You can generate reports based on this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The valuation class is a group of materials with the same account determination. If a transaction is to be posted to different accounts depending on the valuation class only.

You should define which valuation classes are allowed for a material type. If a user creates a material, he must enter the material's valuation class in the accounting data. The SAP system uses your default settings to check whether the valuation class is allowed for the material type.

The valuation classes allowed depend on the material type. Several valuation classes are generally allowed for one material type. A valuation class can also be allowed for several material types.

The link between the valuation classes and the material types is set up via the account category reference.

The account category reference is a combination of valuation classes. Precisely one account category reference is assigned to a material type.

These configurations relevant to transactions in Inventory Management (for example, goods movements ) and in Invoice Verification (for example, invoice receipt for automatic postings to G/L accounts in Financial Accounting and Cost Accounting).

Chandramohan