Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qm info. record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

There r 2 issues

1. While creating purchase order for every material system is asking for QM info. record compulsary

I want to remove that mandatory requirement of QM info record

2. Inspection lots which are generating at the time of G.R are not in sequence; means

every time it picks up any random number, I want that numbers serialy

Pl. help.

thanks in advance

vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Solution for Query :- 1

Deactivate the QM in procurement check box in the QM view of Material Master for all those materials for which you don't whish system to as k for the QM info record.

Solution for Query: - 2

Inspection lot numbers are client specific, it means if GR1 is generated for Plant 1001 the inspection lot number 1000000000 will be created. And GR 2,3,4,5,6 are created for plant 1002 then inspection lot 1000000002,1000000003,1000000004,1000000005,1000000006 will be created for plant 1002.

Apart from this if all the GRs are created for the same plant only, and even this numbers are generating like this then check your buffer level. Your Basis guy will help you to check the same.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shyamal

I have maientained same number range for all inspection types like 01 ; 03 ; 04 ; 10

in that case how the inspection lot number should appear serially or random

for example if i do GR that time lot no. was 100000001

after that if insp. lot generates for 03 inspection type then what should be the next number 100000002

or any other

thanks

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

All of first pls tell me what happened to your query : -1? Did it resolved.

Now about your confusion,,, Sir, Ideally it should generate the next lot as you have mentioned for what ever type it belongs to. But to keep common number range will increase the possibilities of skip up the numbers, in condition where more than one transaction will be going on. i.e. at one hand GR, other hand Order release, GR from Production etc etc.

But as straight answers to your question the next number should be 100000002.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much dear shyamal joshi for your prompt reply

our basis person is checking the buffer level for query no.2

and my query no.1 is solved

once again thanks

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

vinay

About the indicator QM in Procurement:

If your client invloves many plants and I think you needn't untick this indictor.Because this material will be influence your business under some plants which you has maintained material in.To avoid this issue(if only one plant needn't tick QM in Procurement),You could set QM Control Key and select the value :0000 No Active Function

Answers (0)