cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a pre defined condition in Infocube based universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a universe who's source is a SAP BW Infocube. I want to create a predefined condition but am stuck with it syntax

The requirement is to create a condition which will restrict the data fetched to 2 yrs.

ie <infocube object> between current date and current date-24 months

As per the SAP guide the syntax to create a predefined condition is

<FILTER u201C[Level Object definition]u201D>

<CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION=u201DOperatoru201D>

<CONSTANT Level Attribute=u201DValueu201D></CONSTANT>

[<CONSTANT></CONSTANT> u2026]

</CONDITION>

</FILTER>

But I'm unable to tailor it to my requirement.

Pls suggest

Thanks,

Meena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In fact, what you are requiring is feasible in Microsoft Analysis Services by defining a calculated meaure and a filter using this calculated measure.

Unfortunately, due to MDX restrictions in SAP, it is not possible to do it in universes.

I suggest that you create a range variable on Time to allow the user to only retrieve the dates needed.

You can retrieve all the dates and then apply a filter in Web Intelligence document: this solution might have the disadvantage to retrieve more data than necessary.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response

Could you pls elaborate on how to create the range variable

Thanks

Meena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didier,

Can you (or anyone else) confirm for me what is not possible to do in universe due to "MDX restrictions in SAP"??

We are trying to create predefined conditions for Current Month, Current Year, etc. in our universe which is based on a BI query and are unable to parse the condition. I would like to confirm whether our syntax is really incorrect or we are trying to do something that can't be done.

We are running BOBJ 3.1 against BI 7.0 SP14.

Thanks

Rodney

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am the Product Manager in charge of OLAP universes and part of Semantic Layer but I am not in charge of SAP MDX engine.

The best is to contact people responsible for this component in Walldorf, Germany.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Didier, I was just responding to the previous forum post where you stated that something was not possible with SAP MDX and I am not quite sure what you were referring to.

I am not familiar with the process for contacting a product manager in Germany with specific questions such as this one? Is there a process? Is there an SAP product manager directory?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that there is a Product Manager directory but I am unable to provide it.

Concerning MDX restrictions in SAP, you have to be aware that MDX expressions in SAP only support numeric values as results. Moireover some expressions using string functions do not work properly.

I don't have the exact detail of what is supported and what is not.

I am only sure for the first assumption: ONLY NUMERIC VALUES as result of calculated expressions.

Didier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192142
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you just create a BEx query in SAP BI and create the restriction in there? That is straight forward/standard functionality and that will limit the amount of data in the source instead of transferring data you don't need anyway.

Best regards,

Jacob