Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Source System does not exist

Hello experts!

We connected a second source system to our 7.0 BW. We transported from development to quality system and everything is fine. Now we want to transport to productiv and we got RC=8 and the message that our "source system does not exist"

First we checked our source system. It is ok. we can replicate datasources, load units and currencies. But when we want to transport something what is directly connected to the source system we got everytime a RC=8 because of source system. For sure, we checked our "Conversion of logical source systems names". We checked if the mapping from development to productive is correct many times but we can find no error.

Is there something I can not see?

Transports with source system connection for the first source system work fine. Also transports without source system connection are ok e. g. InfoObjects.

I tried to transport Transformations, DataSource Migration, other things connected to 7.0 and 3.x DataSources. Nothing works. I transported a transformation got a little different error like no rules exist because missing infoobjects in source or target. But target seems to be ok and source also have the fields.

Any Ideas???

Best regards,

Peter

Tags:
Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question