Is there any way to track what reports are actively running on BOE?
I am looking for a way to track the names of what reports are currently being run on Business Objects. We are on Business Objects Enterprise XI R2 SP3 and from what Iu2019m aware, the servers can show the administrators how many connections and how many jobs are running, and the auditing command can track when a report has completed/failed (from what I understand), but nothing really tells us what reports are actively being run.
The purpose of this is to measure impact for an emergency restart of the server, track down reports that are taking up system resources, and debugging issues involved with the SDK.
Background: We have several reports hosted on Business Objects, both Crystal Reports and Web Intelligence. These reports go to different universes and databases and use several different accounts depending on the project (no central generic accounts to the databases). Sometimes when people are running several large reports (some being upwards of 1 million rows) the users will open one, leave it to run and go to open several others, killing our session limit and resources on the server. In addition, there have been times in development that restarts have been required but there was no way to tell what reports were running, just the number of them, and in several different spots (RAS, Page server, etc.).
Wish list (If my first priority is answered, Iu2019m also looking for the following):
- One to one associations of what reports are being run by what users.
- A centralized location to see what reports are being run by users opening them and what reports are being run by users scheduling them.
- The ability to u201Ckillu201D a report that is taking too long to run by a user.
- Possibly an interactive dashboard showing the number of active reports verses the serveru2019s limit, what reports are set in queue, etc.
- The u201Cstageu201D a report is running in, so if someone is running a report but its stuck at the prompt for a variable stage, querying data from the database, getting data back from the database, producing and processing the data to the screen, etc.
If Iu2019ve missed something in the Business Objects tools or if someone knows of a way to extract this type of data from the Business Objects server (3rd party tool or custom fix) I would appreciate the assistance. Thank you for your time.