cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLS Send Mail Action Block Requires SMTP Mail Server Mail Account

0 Kudos

My SMTP Mail Server does NOT require authentication. It appears as if MII Ver 12 requires a mail account to be filled in on the BLS Send Mail Action Block. If the mail account field is left empty the transaction fails (error - mail account cannot be blank). Transaction works without the mail account on Ver 11.5 but Ver 12 requires the field to filled in. Please advise whether this is a new requirement in Ver 12 or a bug that needs to be addressed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

What I think is, it requires one mail account to send the mail and one to receive it.

There is no restriction on receiver that can be anyone. But the sender needs to be known that some mail has been sent from his mail account. So may be because of this the added authentification is required. It will use that mail account to send the mails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

I do remember pointing this out to SAP when we were on 12.0 ramp up, but I am not sure what the answer was.

Now we have upgraded to 12.0.5 and the action still requires authentication. I would think this is more of a requirement than a bug but I would let SAP answer that one.