cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI sizing for ESS/MSS enhancements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

We are working on ESS/MSS enhancements and when we were trying to import ESS and MSS sca files it is taking lot of time (almost 12 hrs) and sometimes the imports are getting failed. We thought that it is Memory issue. We have 8 GB memory of which 4 GB is for Database and 4 GB is for NWDI server. Do you think this memory is enough to carry forward our ESS/MSS development using NWDI? According to SAP Note: 737368, it is mentioned that the requirement to do ESS/MSS development is "a server with at least 4 processors and 4 GB RAM is recommended". Does it mean that the whole server should have 4 GB memory or 4 GB per processor which gives rise to 16 GB for whole server? As it is taking lot of time to import ESS/MSS sca files, we are just blaming it on the memory. Your valuable input is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mesure it.

Measure your memory consumption, I/O and CPU.

CPU and I/O is often a bottleneck for NWDI, because of large number of little files and CPU hungry java compiling.

Also make sure you do not have antivirus interfering with the process.

Regards,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Slava,

Thanks for your input and I appreciate it.

Also, through reliable sources I learnt that our current environment ( 4 GB + 4 GB = 8 GB ) is more than enough to carry forward ESS/MSS enhancements. People whom I contacted have successfully implemented ESS/MSS enhancements even on smaller h/w requirements. So, looks like we are in good shape.

Thanks

Ramana.

Answers (0)