cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar - How do I change it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have just completed an installation of NetWeaver PI 7.0. I am now attempting to create a new client.

I have creted the new client via SCC4 but I cannot login to it using the default user SAP* with password PASS.

From what I understand I should change the value of parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0, however I don't know how to do this.

In transaction RZ10 I don't have any profile and when I attempt to create one and activate it I get an error message stating "Unknown error activating profile <profile_name>"...

Can any of you help me out and explain in details what I have to do? And in which client I have to do it? (000 or 001 ??).

Many thanks,

Brodo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you will want to do first is import the profiles into the system, change the parameter to equal 0, save the profile (you can add it to the instance profile), and restart the app server.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

From where shell I import these profiles from? How do I get them in the first place?

Thanks,

Brodo

Former Member
0 Kudos

In RZ10 select from the menus 'Utilities' > 'Import profiles' > 'Of active servers.' That will bring the profiles into the system where you can now edit them in RZ10.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, now I have the profiles.

I have changed the DEFAULT profile (although it has giving me an error when I attempted to activate it).

But now it is active.

Shell I restart the application server? Is this done via the Visual Administartor?

Thanks Joe.

Brodo

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is a windows system, you can restart both the ABAP and the JAVA servers from the SAPMMC (this is on the server itself). Is this a windows box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Yes, that is what I had in mind. The SAP Management Console.

Yes, it is a windows system.

I have restarted the server now and I have logged in with the SAP* user as I wanted to.

Thanks Joe! You get full marks.

Brodo

Answers (0)