cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Calender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

I have a critical question regarding the calender used by our process.

Well the company produces chocolates and they ship only on

mon, tue, wed for a shipping condition - standard ( 2 day shipping) , so that it reaches the customer by friday.

This is for the reason that we do not want the product to sit in the carriers storage on the weekend if shipped on thur/fri. Thus the calender I have associated with the shipping point is a 3 day calender.

However if the shipping conditions - expedite (overnight) then we can ship on thursday

and if the ship condition - expedited saturday (the carrier will take extra money and deliver it on saturday) then we ship it on friday.

thus the calenders used here should be 4 day for expedite and 5 day for exp - saturday.

My question is, whether one shipping point can take different shipping calenders based on the shipping condition chosen in the order.

I thought of using different shipping points to be proposed so as to use different shipping calenders ... as according to my understanding , one shipping point can use only one shipping calender. i.e. though we are physically shipping from one shipping point - it is broken down into 3 points in the system to fulfill the process requirements.

This is a very critical issues. So if someone could reply with what they think ... I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only assign one calendar per shipping point. So it's best to have three shipping points and use shipping conditions to choose the correct one for each scenario.