cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Documents in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would like to know how the original documents can be stored in Contenet server via DMS.

I have installed Contenet server 6.40. And created the Content repository in OAC0 transaction with the below parameters.

Content Rep : ZREP.

Description : Content repository

Document area : Document Management system.

Storage Type : HTTP Content Server.

version no : 0046

HTTP server : xxxxx

port no : 1090.

HTTP Script : ContentServer/ContentServer.dll.

My doubt is how the original document can be stored in Content server thru DMS . Once the documents are get created by DMS where can i go and check these documents in Content server ?

Could someobody please help me on this...

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get your solution?

Thank You,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manoj,

No. I could not do it. I didnt find 'use KPRO' flag in DC10 and second doubt..i do not know how to create and upload the documents in DMS? I have CV01N to create it but after uploading how to check whether it has been uploaded or not?

I got stuck up at this point....

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check once again. "Use KPRO" attribute will be there in DC10.

Answer to 2nd doubt:

goto tcode cv01n for creating new DIR. You will find the 7 to 8 icons at the left bottom corner on that page.

Please check for the Create Original icon. Then click on it, one pop up window will appear where u will select the type of application like DOC, JPG , ACD etc.. and then select the file which you want to attach as Original. Once you do this, then that file will appear on that page under Original.. Right click on that file and do "check in". One pop up window will appear * as " Check in Document:KPRO"* and select your storage category and then enter.

Now your document is uploaded and you can view it under "Originals" tab.

Regards

Award points for useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in DC10, you need to create document types, while creating document type you should check "use kpro" which will allow storing of attachments in storage category (content server).

to create document-use CV01N, once created, attachments can be done in the box which is at last of the page.

you can refer www.help.sap.com for more information on document management system.

Thank You,

Manoj

points if useful..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Thank you for your reply. In CV01N i can see only document , document type, part, version and in the template tab(section) there are document,document part,version.

As you said i didnt find Check originals tab in CV01N. i Can only see template tab.I am on ECC 5.

I was able to create document type in DC10. But to create doc in cv01n didnt find check oroginals tab.

Could you pls guide me....

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I am able to create and upload the document. I am able to see the uploaded document in the attachment.I have defined the document status to "released". But in CV02n still itas displaying in red not released.

Is there any other settings needs to be done to change the status to released?

Whats the physical location of the documents which i have uploaded? while check-in i have selected Default DMS as the storage system. So that means are the files will be stored in DMS database ? if not where the files will be saved? Bocz i need to access these documents from other SAP system...

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

*Hi Sireesha,*

*You have to select the "Release Flag" while defining the stausin DC10.*

*goto tcode DC10 => select your Document type and then click on Define Document Status=>It will show the list of status for your docuement tpye=>Select the status "Released" and in view details check the "Release flag" and save.*

*Then you will find the green indicator in cv02n for the released status.*

About the storage system, Please go through the following link, you will get the all details about storage system.

*http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/15/aea9375d79fb7de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm*

**Regards**

*Award points for useful answer*

Edited by: Yogesh Pande on Dec 22, 2008 8:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yogesh,

Thank you. I have changed the status from other transaction in spro.

Now the problem is after the document has been created when i tried to display/change it from CV02N or CV03N its saying the the document does not exist. But in the F4 Help i am able to see my document which was created, after selecting this from the F4 its giving error that"document does not exist"

Is this the way document can be changed? How do i open my previous documnets which were created?

(Points has been assigned to both users)

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sireesha,

Please do the following.

goto tcode cv02n =>put your document type => then in the document you will get the list of the document created for your particular doc. type=> select your document and enter.

You should be able to view your prviously created document.

For searching the document you can use tcode cv04n.. here you can search the document based on staus, doc. type, lab office, classification, object linking ..etc..

Regards

Award points for useful information

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

once u defined content repository in OAC0, u have to define content category in OACT and assign it ur content repository. This way u can get this content category pop up at the time of check in documents in DIR.

In create document session we need to add a original from front end pc and then its required to check in the same content server. When u click on check in button u will get this content category pop up, from where u can select required content category and check in document.

Please award pts if its useful / need further information.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually my doubt is how to store the documents in Content server?

I have created a Repository ZREP in OAC0 in Content server?Now my doubt is how to upload the documents into thsi repository?

As per the Content Rep ZREP properties in OAC0 what the DMS does as far as Content server is concerned?

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Edited by: sireesha esukapalli on Dec 13, 2008 12:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To make use of storage in content server the settings in document type should have setting checked for KPRO, this is the route for storage in content server.

Thank You,

Manoj

points if useful..!!

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to store checkin originals to your content server storage category you have to set the flag 'Use KPRO' in transaction DC10 for all necessary document types too.

Afterwards the existing storage categories should be displayed in a checkin pop-up.

Best regards,

Christoph