cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Interchangeability

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where i want to Reaplace product P @ Location L1 ( Destination )with Product Q @ Location L2 ( Source location ) . When i create FFF class and run the CTM , it does not create subsittution . When i extend Product Q to location L1 then substitution work . Is this standard behaviour ? Is it necessary that substiution will happen at destination location .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virenda.

yes this is standard response. In CTM, substitution only takes place within a location. Typically the logic in CTM is if the requirement cannot be matched within the location either by stock of requested or substitute product it will externally procure the requested product through the TLs, substitution can then take place at the supplying location to meet the transfer demand for the requested product.

This can be a pain when what you want to happen is substitution to happen at the request location and the demand for the subs product to be externally planned. Unless its changed since 4.1 (when I worked with it) you can't do it this way.

Hope this helps.

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

This answer is not evrey clear . What i want to know if i have Product P at Location L1 ( Demand is at L1 for P & P is only at L1 )) . Product Q is only at L2 not at L1 and there is stock for Q exist at L2 , then CTM would plan substitution or not . ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make that work, you would have to maintain an interachangeability group at L2 for P1 to P2 and a transportation lane between L2 and L1.

The demand for P1 will be planned to be met from L2 creating distribution demand for P1 at L2, Substitution will then be planned to meet the distribution demand of P1 at L2 by P2.

Hope thats clearer, M

Answers (0)