cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 71 installation says Oracle software not installed - how to control this

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I am installing PI 71 on windows (2003 server) x86_64 with Oracle 10G .

Downloaded all relevant software from service market place.

Installed JDK 6 from java.sun.com

Installed Oracle 10G software only and set the ORACLE_HOME (environment variable) to F:\oracle\C71\102\bin

Started the installation of Processs Integration 71 as per the isntall guides from SAP.

Pointed to the software labels of Java, Unicode Kernel, Oracle 10G Client and Installation export.

It terminates with the error "Oracle Software not found".

Not sure what to do furhter ....

2. Do I install the ABAP system first and then proceed with the Process Integration?

From the isntall guides, I understand that Process Integration should take care of all..

3. When downloading the software I saw some dvds related to NW CE71 Oracle software - and there is the regular Oracle 10G that I used for PI7 installation. - What is the purpose of this CE71 stuff?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ven.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Make sure if the user or computer have the right permission.

The instalation user must be a member of a local Administrators group.

There is no difference if the computer is member of a domain or not.

Only if you are running a domain instalation, in this case, the computer must be a member of the domain and the installation user must be a member of Domain Administrator.

cheers, Clebio

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ..

I am facing the same problem. It is prompting "Oracle not found". Do you get the solution.

I am using the same system configuration.

Please help me to resolve...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain

Installed Oracle 10G software only and set the ORACLE_HOME (environment variable) to
 F:\oracle\C71\102\bin

Are you install it from DVD provided by SAP? Are you install required patches and Opatches? The ORACLE_HOME in your case must be F:\oracle\C71\102

Regards.