cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC & Bom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am working in SD to create a SAP system for a Printing department.

I know that Variant Config and BOM will be a good way to allow customers to select material in order to make the end print document. I will also have to work around areas which have conditions on certain selections such as if they have 1000pages then they can only have wiro binding between 12.7 and 16

I have search for documents on SDN, and found many but they do not explain the config process for BOMu2019s

Please could anyone help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post closed.

Help from an outside source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any help on how to configure BOM items would be appriciated, as I've searched the forms and I havent found anything useful configuration steps on the process.

Mita

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of information are you looking for exactly? The BOM in VC is a super BOM including all possible materials that could be used in the final product depending on the chosen configuration. For selecting, dependencies can be assigned to the BOM items, characteristics as well as the configuration profile to come up with correct quantities of each BOM material. You will also have the option to maintain the BOM manually at transaction level if you wish, or make it strictly follow the chosen configuration.