cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VTFL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

How can I restrict the creation of Proforma Invoices only once similar to Commercial Invoice.

In VTFL...the "Pos./neg. quantity" is greyed out for the Proforma Invoice.Is there any SAP notes available to make tis active as I feel this will help me in resolving the above issue by giving the + value in the said field.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Sasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Proforma billing doesnt update the GL accounts

It is a sort of billing doc you can is there and not there also

You can create a list or as many as proforma invoices as you want and billing status doesnt get updated

Hence the field +/- is greyed out logically

It satisfies the basic logic of proforma

since the value +/- has an impact in accounting and basically proforma doesnt impact accounting the field is greyed out thro hard coded controls There should not be any impact either positive or negative

+Suppose if you make this field + and if you make a proforma invoice of 10 units from a delivery doc+

That means you have billed that 10 qty

This should not happen for proforma hence it is greyed out so that we dont play

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Dec 12, 2008 4:37 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sasi

As already suggested, though it has got no accounting value, Yes you can control generating multiple proformas against a PGId document.

For that go to VTFL, select your item category for the combination of your order type and proforma type and maintain routine 311 for the field "Copying requirements"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

You can create Proforma Invoices as many times as possible as it doesnt pass any financial entries and Pro Forma is only for Info.

I think this would be possible only using some ABAP development.Check some userexit.

Regds

MM