Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 10g installation on Windows 2008 VMware

philipp_schweizer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

hope you can help me with that issue; I try to install a ECC 6.0 test-system with Oracle 10g on a Windows 2008 VMware instance.

I am getting a strange error when executing sapserver.cmd when I try to install the Oracle software; the Oracle Universal Installer 10.2 is aborting at the very beginning with an error popup with following content. First I enter the Drive letter for installation and SID and then OUI trys to start...

The program was not closed properly. An internal error occured. Please provide Oracle support with following datas:

"unknown"

"unknown"

"unknown"

Any ideas? I did not find anything in Metalink or on the SAP Marketplace. And I am aware that Oracle is not official supported on VMWare; on Windows 2003 I did not occur any similar problems.

kind regards

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The OUI doesn´t work (yet) on Windows 2008, you will need to wait for the OUI 10.2.0.4.

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi,

just use the installation kit from DVD 51036975 in the swdc (use the search option).

Regards,

Christoph

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, you answered yourself. Oracle does not support VMware. so, I would not try it.

if you still want to try, go get an Oracle 10g installation kit that works on Windows 2008.