cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECURRING IN SPECTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI gurus,

I have maintained inspection type 09 in material master and also maintained interval as 1 day,i have created a variant for job planning for automatic generation of lots.in that i have maintained material plant and batch no,initial run days -2.given tick at inspection lot creation only.

By selecting variant i have scheduled the job periodically and period is maintained as every 10 minutes.according to my understanding that an inspection lot should be generated every 10 minutes.No inspection lot is generated automatically.Is there any thing i am missing in this process.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

satisfied with the answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

satisfied with the answers

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

When doing sheduling have you done the sheduling periodically. Only when the sheduling is done periodically the lot will get generated. Shyamal has very well explained in the attached thread.

To schedule the job, select the variant line, and click on the button Schedule, it will lead you to the screen Recurring insp: job planning scheduling; start time.

here you need to define "Job start date" and "Batch job start time", then click on "Schedule Periodically" and enter the at what frequency you want to replete the job run.

At this frequency (e.g. if you select day 1) then it will run the job daily at the time you have entered at "Batch job start time".And the job is not released then release them else it will again not run and you will not have the lot.

Please look into this

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

I have followed the steps given by you and Shyamal.I have created a variant and scheduled the job,In list of scheduled request the system is showing the status of the scheduled job as finished but i cannot see the lot generated.also the system is scheduling the next job automatically according to period maintained and the status of this job is released.I am not able to see the lot generated for the finished job.

Thanks and Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Check in the Variant you have set for the background job. I doubt you may have selected the wrong option for the Radio Button for Lot Creation Only / To Inspection Stock at Lot Creation / Block Batch at Lot Creation

/ To Inspection Stock at Inspection Date / Block Batch at Inspection Date.

The correct radio button you should select is shown as BOLD.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks for your value inputs,i am now able generate Recurring inspection automatically.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for your value inputs,i am now able generate Recurring inspection automatically.

Regards

Ram

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram

please check whether in Batch the next inspection date has come or not. use MSC2N. Update if it is unavailble. and the run the job shedule again.

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gajesh,

As you said we checked the batch for the next inspection date and ran the schedule again now the lot was created.

My doubt is that,have we to run the schedule every time by going qa05 or is an inspection lot created automatically as soon as the date for inspection has reached.

I am in a dilemma whether lot is created automatically or every time next inspection is reached we have to run qa05 because in my case when the next inspection date is reached system is not automatically generating new inspection lot.Instead i have to qa05 or qa07.Where am i going wrong.

Regards

Ram

Edited by: RAMKUMAR WARIYAR on Dec 13, 2008 6:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

To get the recurring lots automatically, you need to define a Back ground job.

To have details over Automatic generation of lots pls refer [the thread|]

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

We have defined variant for job planning and also ticked the check box for back ground processing in variant attributes.In my scenario the next inspection date is today's date,whether the system will generate lot automatically or is that i have to go to transaction qa05 and execute /start immediately so that lot can be created.

My understanding about automatic lot generation is that on next inspection date system will generate lot automatically without running qa05,please clear the doubt.

In my case no automatic lot is generated.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

See where you have input the time as minute is QA05 or QA07, correct? But that timing runs the jib.

Actually what happens in case of Recurring inspection is.........

System calculates the Next Inspection date (See it;s there in Batch MSC3N) base on interval mentioned in the Inspection interval QM view of material master. E.g. You have mentioned 3 days. And creating A Batch via GR on today 12.12.2008 then it will calculate the Next inspection date as 15.12.2008.

Now when you enter the initial run in days as 3 on today it will search for all those batches which are having next inspection date falling next three days, and will create lots accordingly.

So it can't create the lots with duration interval of minutes, because we have mentioned the Inspection interval in Days.

As soon as you perform UD for the created 09 lots, it will set the next inspection date again for the date of this UD.

Hope it make you clear, if not pls revert the query.

Regards,

Shyamal