cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC not getting executed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

I am executing an RFC which is to fetch some values.There are some conditions for which value is not fetched.Then

ResultNode.size() becomes 0. But after this situation arises, second time i call the 'fetch' method in my view, RFC is not executed.

Any clues why it is happening so ?

ResultNode : Model node containing the fetched values after RFC execution

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try with invalidating that node

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Parama,

It seems your ResultNode is not getting refreshed after RFC call. Please try following approach to determine what is wrong.

1. Try running RFC in ABAP side with Transaction SE37 providing values that are not getting any results from Java side. If it works there, try following approach.

2. Invalidate the Resultnode after executing BAPI with following code.

wdContext.ResultNode().invalidate();

If these approaches do not work, please post your code here.

Vishwas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

may be you can check the exception msg . by printing the exception message what error is coming in your try catch.also you can check by mapping the return parameter from bapi which includes the exception from R3 side. and you can also chk by mapping the err field which is output field....to know whats the prblm...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are sure that RFC is executed. ok There may be Situation for which ur not getting the size as zero.

1)May be the input parameter's you are passing are the wright one or not check with the Abap Team, whether u are passing the wright values.

2) Execute this RFC with the same values from R/3 System.

3) There may be another node(Say some node like xxx_Error ) Present in the same modal context, check this node size since this node contains the error received from RFC. If error is received then this node size will be greater than zero.You can ask about this node to Abap team whether they have included or not if any such error is received.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had similar kind of problem with RFC. I had tried creating new instance of the RFC in each of the conditions. It worked for me fine. But I am not sure whether it is a good practise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks a lot all...I tried out all the steps above mentioned by u ppl...but itz not working....

RFC is executing but resultNode.size() is always becoming 0 once the resultNode.size() becomes 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parama,

put some external breakpoint in the fm and execute the application and see whether you are getting results or not.

if you are getting results then there is something wrong with binding and make sure you are calling this method in wddomodifyview not in wddoinit

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may try to check the size of the node using a "If" condition

if(ResultNode.size() != 0)

Regards,

Padmalatha.K