cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before loading the catalogs we sort the records based on Short description (custom field). When I try to import a sorted catalog file (.xls) in MDM Import manager it gives the error - "Unable to retrieve records for table Sheet1$", where Sheet1 is the name of the excel spreadsheet. But if I import the catalog without sorting, everything runs fine.

This is happening with certain catalogs only. I am unable to identify the cause of this behaviour.

Any inputs?

TIA.

Regards,

Lalit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Sorting of the field should not cause a problem for importing.

If you are suing filters in the excel to sort the field make sure you remove the filters form the excel sheet before importing it through Import manager.

These filters in the excel could be the reason of failure.

Also check the data types of the fields are matching in the excel and the mdm defined data types for the fields in console.

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The importing will not work if the field is sorted in excel. You have to remove the sorting and save the file with a different name and try importing.

pls update us on this.

Regards

Biswanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biswanath,

Is there any specific reason why sorting fields in Excel doesn't work in Import Manager? Can this be fixed by applying any patch or something? And what if I need a sorted data in Import Manager.. is there any alternative? I tried the methods suggested by others in this thread but no luck.

You are correct in saying that if we load the file without sorting it works. I mentioned that above.

Regards,

Lalit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Sort the records in Excel only and then save as the file and give the new name. Now try to import this new sorted file.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja