cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protection in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have a problem with the page protection in smartforms.

As you can see in these two screenshots i want to print a document with two pages.

-page 1:

-page 2:

The header and the following text are in a folder, and this folder has a page protection.

This works fine, but my problem is (as you can see on the screenshots):

In page 1 there is a lot of free space.

The Diagnose header and the following Text are also in a folder with page protection.

Because the "Diagnose" Text is so long (you can see it on page 2) the whole text is printed on the second page, but there is a lot of free space on page 1.

How can i make a page protection for the text and the header, but the text gets splitted into half diagnose text to page 1 and half diagnose text to page 2.

Sorry for my horrible english.

Any advice, would be happy about some help!

Edited by: Bernhard Schnöll on Dec 12, 2008 10:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but then it could happen that only the header line is on page 1 and the text is on page 2.

Because of this, i made the page protection.

greets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are Ok with the Splitting of the text, then as other responder mentioned, remove the page protection and it will split the text.

Actually, u know what because Of PAGE Protection, it means that you are asking the text to display in one PAGE itself, as the text is more..it is going to page 2 which has more space left than page one and so that whole data comes in one page.

So, as you are ok with splitting of the text,removing PAGE protection is the solution so that the space in the first page after header is not left empty.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes , offcourse.

that is possible because it depends on the size of first text.

it may happen only header in first page and and text on next.

also header and text on first page except last line and only last line of text on second page.

so it is dependent on run time size of first text.

if u want both header and text on same page then dont concern about free space (goin waste) on first page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i make a page protection for the text and the header, but the text gets splitted into half diagnose text to page 1 and half diagnose text to page 2.

????

You are asking two contradictory things at the same time. U want page protection also & text splitted into different pages also?

if it is OK that diagnose text is splitted into 2 pages then just remove page protection from that text and put it in first page.

then that diagnose text will come after your first text and automatically will go to next page after first page is fully filled.

Regards