Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM MDM Integration

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am interested knowing the possibility of Knowledge managment and SAP MDM integration.

KM has two repositories Internal and External(File System, WebDAV,Lotus Notes, Web Repository). But MDM Integration comes under which type of repository?. KM repositories are file system based repositories, the information in this repository are scattered. But in MDM its in the form of Table and Records.

Please share the feasibility of KM MDM integration.

Regards, Suresh KB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I have no much idea about this but by a guess In MDM Repository we can Club KM in Pdf's and Images may be.

And by doing this with having a common interface can make both the systems compactible to each other.

Hope it helps.

Rgds

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I do not have much in depth information of how to integarte KM with MDM,but would like to share with you some of my understanding on the topic.

MDM - Master data management is all about effectively storing and managing the master data of any organisation by introducing governanance mechanism and eliminating dupliactes among master data coming in from different systems.

Master data with MDM is stored in the form of tables and fields which are all aprt of the MDM repository.So basically master data in MDM is stored like in the case similar to any database system.The master records created in MDM ultimately sits oon the underlying data base like oracle or SQL on which MDM is placed.

In Knowledge management you are actually storing and retriving data stored in a structured and easy manner and you use differnt system to store this data like may be LN etc.

If you want to combine the advatage of both by integrating KM with MDM.you need to take note that firstly.

- Unlike KM ,MDM will store only type of master data.

- We can use MDM rep and features effecitively to store data in the form of text blocks,images,pdf,html text etc.

- We can have data flow from and through the two system and store the data finaly in the best format in the apropiate loaction form where retrieving the information will be easy.

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto