cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing PPM in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created an Integration Model containing all the production versions. Some never arrived in APO. From most of them, I know the reasons:

- no resources in APO

- the base quantity is too small

In note 448085, a lot of these reasons are well described.

But I would like to know if there is a program or a report that can check these different preconditions, so we can see which production versions can be correctly transferred to APO and which aren't?

Hope someone can help me out with this!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sofie,

After you run integration model, check the queues and application logs which will give you the actual error caused and the items which are affected due to the error by not updating into APO. Take action on those items with the error seen. Then re-cif those items so that it will go properly into APO.

Hope this query solve your problem. Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. But that is not acutually my question. I know how to solve these errors and re-CIF them again. In most of the cases it is indeed working when I check all the prerequisites stated in note 448085, but we would like to this in beforehand.

So we would like to run a program or report, that is checking all the preconditions and giving us a list of which PPM's will not be transferred and which preconditions they don't fulfill.

I don't know if something like that exists or not (otherwise we will have to write it ourselves)

Kind regards,

Sofie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sofie.

there is nothing 'out of the box' that will meet your requirement. You would have to develop it and I imagine it would not be an easy task. I am guessing you would have to make use of the FMs for CFM5 for the missing resources scenario and some other logic for the minimum quantity. You only gave examples but I am guessing there will be other scenarios you will have encountered. Is there nothing from a business process perspective that can resolve this issue as it sound like a sytemised response to a data management issue?

Regards, Mark.

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sofie,

One basic thing you can do is doing consistency check on integration model (in CFM1) when it is created.

In case of PDS this consistency check is defunct. It mostly does not check anything.

This will indicate errors like 'resource not available in APO'.

Few things you can ensure:

Resource should be available in APO

There should be some timing in the routing. (if the control key is scheduling relevent).

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks guys for these interesting ideas. I guess when we really want this we should develop a program our own as I first thought. But it is always usefull to first check if someone already had done this. (you don't have to re-invent the wheel).

Nitin, I will check your tip, I will do some testing with the consistency check in the Integration Model. Maybe this will be sufficient, and if it's not, it can maybe generate some interesting ideas before we start developing our program.

Thanks a lot!

Answers (0)