cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Queries-File to iDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I am working on File to iDoc scenario, I will be getting employee details in xml file and I have to create iDoc out of that which will create employee in SAP ECC6.

I have already mapped the fileds which are coming from xml file but I don;t know what to do with some of these fields,

BEGIN

EDI_DC40

H1HRSM_HEAD

..SEGMENT

..E1P0000

..E1P0001

I can not disable those fields which has a childs in use.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

H,

Either map these field with some constant or Empty fields as these fields need to be available in Idoc structure.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If is not possible to disable, then u have to map these fields with empty constant.

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Mapping with Empty constant is used just to generate target node structure.

It will not affect any thing of SAP R/3 system.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Please check my post in wiki for the same

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/fileToIDOC&

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Map all the mandatory fields first and the remaing fields with an empty constant . So that it will not affect your mapping .

Agian , if you have the Function Spec and Tech Spec with you , then go through it once again and get the clear idea about the fields which are to be mapped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your quick replies,

I am not mapping them with a constant because while loading that iDoc in SAP it must be expecting some specific value. I will be creating employee using the converted idoc so if I map any constant value to those fields will my program in SAP will work?

Thanks,

Nishant

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mapping the node to a constant just ensures that the node gets created after mapping. Without node level mapping, you can't get the node in mapping output. It won't affect anything at SAP unless you have some condition based on presence or absence of node.

Regards,

Prateek

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, This is just to ensure that the mandatory nodes are created.

Thanks!

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Only you have to Map Mandatory fields, those have childs. So Map with Empty Constant.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes,

map them with the constant function with any value.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Map with empty constant.