Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table to see the Full Range of values for a field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could anyone please let me know how do i find the exact values for a field in an object if they are entered in a range. As far as i remember it was thru a table but can't get it now.

E.g the admin has maintained a range of values in S_TCODE from FI* to MM03. Now, I need to find which all transactions or values are exactly there in this range for this field.

Thanks and Regards,

Hersh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hersh,

For the example you mentioned for tcodes specifically you can find it out using report S_BCE_68001429.

But for values entered in ranges for other objects say movement types I have no idea as of now.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hersh,

For the example you mentioned for tcodes specifically you can find it out using report S_BCE_68001429.

But for values entered in ranges for other objects say movement types I have no idea as of now.

0 Kudos

HI Subu,

Thanks for the information. Well, regarding the general list for other fields that was a table i believe from where we used to get this information. Not able to recollect actully which table or which way it was.

This would be specifically helpful in cases where we have mentioned few ranges of transactions and need to know which range has which tcodes.

Regards,

Hersh.

Edited by: HERSH GUPTA on Dec 12, 2008 2:10 PM

0 Kudos

Take a look in table AUTHX to see whether there are check tables for the fields.

Some fields are types of domains with fixed value ranges, so the check tables themselves could be restricted as well as the field.

Field TCD of S_TCODE checks table TSTC if I remember correctly. Otherwise you can use TRDIR as well if you restrict the selection.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

Yes, TCD of S_TCODE checks table TSTC.

I think I am not able to put my question properly. Let me say like this - I have around 4 ranges of Tcodes (e.g su01 to su22, etc.) maintained in a role in S_tcode. Now, I need to know which all transactiopn does each of these ranges have? i believe theer are also some special characters that we can make use whicle defining these ranges, wanted to know that also.

What Subu has mentioned ia a standard SUIM report which would be appropriate if i just need to have all the transactions in a role, regardless of what range they fall in, whereas i need to find which range has what transaction.

Hope I am making myself a bit more clearer this time.

Regards,

Hersh.

Edited by: HERSH GUPTA on Dec 12, 2008 2:40 PM

0 Kudos

You could try TSTC via SE16 and add multiple ranges to the "Ranges" tab in the field selection screen.

Sometimes it throws a warning that the selection criteria are contradictory or complex enough that a completely accurate result is not possible... but it might work.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

Thats perfect for this range. Any idea about the special characters that we can use while defining the ranges?

Regards,

Hersh.

0 Kudos

Do you mean that the tcode itself has a special character in it's name, or that you have not only ranged the tcodes in a manual S_TCODE authorization, but have also wildcarded the the FROM and TO field values for a set of ranges?

0 Kudos

I mean - "ranged the tcodes in a manual S_TCODE authorization, but have also wildcarded the the FROM and TO field values for a set of ranges"

0 Kudos

Pfff....

If you are going to rely on S_TCODE authority anywhere in there, then it is probably much easier to fix the problem than to find all the tcodes.

But to answer your question: I think you will need to run them seperately for each set of the ranges and the wildcarded TO as a single FROM on it's own, and then merge the results to delete the duplicates.

But try it on one small set, and see whether SE16 brings the same result.

I know that Jurjen Heeck had done some investigations into how this works in SE16 and what your options are, so perhaps he knows a trick?

Cheers and good luck,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE16--> TSTC