cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

when creating a sales order i am getting a message PROFIT SEGMENTATION to be maintained. plz provide me solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To rectify this error go to KEDE transaction and maintain derivation rules for the material.Most probably you don't have authorization this t.code so consult FI person.

Thanks and Regards,

Hari Challa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

Is CO-PA being activated in to your Organization for "Profitability Analysis"?

If so, Best-Suggestion is to get-in touch with FI-CO Consultant/ Personnel.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Probable Config. in your Case:

SPRO>IMG>Controlling>Profitability Analysis>Flows of Actual Values-->Transfer of Incoming Sales Order

--> Assign Value Fields

--> Assign Quantiy Fields

--> Activate Transfer of Incoming Sales Order

For Information: Master Transaction Code: ORKE (CO-PA Config.)

Nothing much experienced with CO-PA, as I am experienced with Internal-Order based Profitability Analysis.

Taken from some Reference:

profit segment number is one of the required entries in the sales order item when CO is activated in your system. it is used for profitability analysis and may correspond to a market segment.

by preference, your material or group must have been configured by the CO consultant (KEDR one of the relevant tcodes) so that you do not need to enter this number manually in the sales order. profit center, which may be assigned to the group of which your material belongs, is a related issue.

if you entered the material as a sales order item before the relevant CO configuration, you can still manually enter this number (assuming CO configuration was eventually done) by going to menu > GoTo > Item > Account Assignment > Profit segment. 

an alternative to this long process is, after CO config, to delete the item and re-enter it. the complete profit segment details will then automatically appear.