cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : While Starting the J2EE Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i am trying to open the SAP Console Management i am getting this following error.

"sapstartsrv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

The server which was installed was also not visible int\ SAP Console Management.

Thanks,

Mugundhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take Administrative tools -> Services and Check the status of the SAP services ... SAP<SID>_<NR>

If those are not getting started, check the Event Logs for detailed error text..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your reply. I had checked in Administrative tools -> Services.. I am getting this following error.

Could not start the SAPJ2E_00 service on local computer.

Error 1053 : The service didn't respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

So according to your say i had referred to Eventlog. But the start, stop buttons are in disabled state. May i know what to do there.

Thanks,

Mugundhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the "Event Log" entries says? Just check the filesystems which stores profiles and executable are available in read/write mode.

Make the SAP services to "Manual" mode and then restart the Windows server. Once the server comes up, check whether the following services are up

1. Server

2. Computer Browser

3. Remote Procedure Call

4. Workstation

Check all the required filesystems are available. If yes, then try to start the service.

Did you apply any windows patches recently? What is the windows service pack level used?