Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Value Mapping Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope I can explain this clearly.....

We have a requirement to do key mapping transalations...

The scenario is system A sends an ID to system B and the requirement is to translate the ID before submitting it to system B. This can be accomplished using the standard XI value mapping capabilites/functions which is working fine.

My question is:

Is there any standard XI capability to dynamically add data to the value table?

The scenario would then go as follows:

For an insert/new ID

1) system A sends an new ID (insert), we then add the row to the value table.

2) Next, the new request (ID) is sent to system B (insert). On successful execution, the system B's ID is returned to XI, which is then added to the Value table and correlated to the record that was inserted in step 1 above.

For an update to an ID

1) system A send ID for update, XI then does a lookup and gets the corresponding system B ID

2) XI sends converted ID to system B for update.

I know there are variety of options available to solve this...whether we use ccBPM or get the source or target systems to do the translations themselves or query the target system to determine the correct ID to use....but I just wanted to know if there was any core XI functionality to do this type of thing in XI.

Should XI be used to even do key mapping translations? Is this part of the integration layer's responsibilities?

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Yackeen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could perhaps use this feature to enhance the Value Mapping as part of your scenario during runtime, but I'm not sure if this works out well...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/frameset.htm

But basically I see key mapping as part of the XI responsibility.

Have you had a look at the Lookup API?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/406642ea59c753e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

regards,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yackeen,

4 my knowlegdge your task isn't 2 solve with XI standards (value mapping). I would recommend you 2 build your own solution, 4 example with a transparent table in ABAP stack, which you maintain in ABAP mappings.

Regards,

Udo