cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find "Initial Configuration" in NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed NW 7.1 PI, I'm following the document called "Installation Guide - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 on Windows: MS SQL Server".

In the Post Installation section there is the item, saying that I need to logon to NWA with the j2ee_admin user and the master password and choose Configuration Management -> Scenarios -> Configuration Wizard -> Initial Configuration (dropdown menu) -> NetWeaver Initial Setup; and choose Start.

However when I log on http://win03-sap:50200/nwa I can see only the following menus at the top:

System Management | Analysis | Deploy and Change

Overview | Administration | Monitoring | Configuration

But there is no "Configuration Management" and neither "Deploy and Change" nor "Configuration" contain Scenarios and Configuration Wizard.

Question: Do I have some wrong version of Installation Guide or wrong version of NWA? Please advise where to get the updated Installation Guide, or where I should navigate to complete the Post Installation steps for PI usage.

System parameters:

SAP System ID: SP2

SAP Instance: 02

Central System with PI usage

Thanks a lot in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you installed NW 7.0 PI instead of NW 7.1 PI, You can verify this by going on the abap side and system system > status. If you did install NW 7.0 instead of 7.1, i'm not sure how to install 7.1 without having to delete everything and start the installation from scratch.

Sorry cannot be of more help to ya.

Regards

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You actually did a lot to help me, at least now I know that I was looking at the wrong manual

Unfortunately SAP did not send me correct package for NW 7.1 PI (I'm using Win 2003 32-bit and they keep sending me packages for 64-bit - already have a collection of 3 SAP System sets ), so I will continue fighting with 7.0.

Thanks very much for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this:

SAP NetWeaver 2004s/SR2 PI PI Process Integration Wed Dec 10 00:00:00 PST 2008 YES

SAP NetWeaver 2004s/SR2 AS AS Java Application Server Java Wed Dec 10 00:00:00 PST 2008 YES

SAP NetWeaver 2004s/SR2 AAS AS ABAP Application Server ABAP Wed Dec 10 00:00:00 PST 2008 YES

Strange it is not 7.1, but 2004s/SR2, am I using the wrong (old?) version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure you have installed PI? Because from your NWA description, you are not looking at PI NWA, you are looking at regular NW 7.0 NWA. Make sure you have PI usage type installed and you can do that by going to http://<host>:<port>/utl/UsageTypesInfo

You should see atleast these usage types:

SAP NetWeaver 2007 PI PI Process Integration

SAP NetWeaver 2007 AS AS Java Application Server Java

SAP NetWeaver 2007 AAS AS ABAP Application Server ABAP

i'm not sure if you used wrong media to do the installation, but it doesnt sounds like PI got installed. Did you select SAP Netweaver Process Integration 7.1 from the sapinst menu?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, will do, thanks for advise. But can you tell about the purpose of Deploy and Change menu item and what are those templates for? They really confuse me, since their naming looks like similar to those scenarios.

On a side note: is there any resource maintained by SAP that will give the full list of transaction IDs with corresponding description and ideally categorized by the purpose? I'm picking some transaction IDs from different places, but they looks like magic where more experienced wizards know more casts, and I can't find any central place where to grab them all from.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I would open up a message with BC-INS-CTC team about this issue and also refer to note 1107808 for any clues. However, It does look like you are referring to the correct install guide.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

That is weird. Please verify that you are indeed logging with j2ee_admin user and it has sap_j2ee_admin role assigned to it. This is the most important role that j2ee_admin user needs to have to access and view appropriate tabs.

Hope this helps.

Rahul

SAP Labs - Palo Alto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm logging as J2EE_ADMIN and it has mentioned role assigned (verified in useradmin). Why I suspected that my version of NWA is somewhy different is because in the tab Deploy and Change I can see some "Templates", which look like Scenarios - their names sound like PIPostInstallation, NWA Post Installation, etc.

But I was trying to follow exactly the Installation Guide and SAP has so much different terms (where the same terms are often called with use of different words) so was afraid of going to the wrong direction.

Any suggestions?