Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Archiving does not delete anything

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have set up Archiving/Delete in my XI.

I have from sxmb_adm Scheduled the Delete Job SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<client> and SAP_BC_XMB_HIST_DELETE_<client>

and set up the appropriate parameters.

These Jobs run every night and they report that messages have been deleted

In the processing stats from sxmb_moni it reports 1000s of Deleted XML Messages

BUT - No messages are deleted. I can still see them in sxmb_moni.

Why ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jonny,

messages are deleted actually. you can check the no of entries after deletion job in table SXMSPMAST.

additionaly configure the interfaces for archiving first from SXMB_ADMIN and then schedule archiving and archive deletion job RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES that will delete huge no of messages.

Thanks.

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks -

Sorry perhaps not too clear originally

the scheduled jobs do remove entries from the system but not everything that I'd expect.

Also at this stage I do not care about Archiving anything - I just want some space back.

Cetain messages are not deleted. To be deleted I understand that message must have

a complete status

a complete outbound status (if outbound message)

a completed queue entry

I have messages that satisfy this requirement but they remain.

Does anybody know why ?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

some entries are not deleted,for this there might be the reason that message is not complete,if you will open the message then might be it is incomplete at PE.

But archiving messages by interfaces and then immediately deleting them will make sure all ur succesful messages are deleted.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

In addition to what Harald has said and your Table Switch is not enabled:

1) If these messages are IDOC messages then try scheduling the job SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS well before the Delete Job runs and ensure it finishes before your delete job runs.

2) The messages you see may be marked for archiving. This is just my guess but you can find out using this procedure:

2.1) take the message id of the message and also the pipeline id. Pipeline Id can be found in the SOAP Header -> RunTime. Search with this string "SAP:PipelineIdExternal"

2.2) run the report RSXMB_CHECK_MESSAGES_STATE.

2.3) put in the msg id and the pipeline id and Exceute

2.4) This will tell you the exact status of the message.

2.5) if this displays - Next step: Flag for archiving, i believe you have to run the archiving job atleast once to get rid of these message

2.6) If the report says, the message is in State 29, then run the report RSWF_XI_UNUSED_MSGS which will mark the messages to State 3, so that they can be deleted the next time the deletion job runs. Remember that the End date of these messages will be marked as the day you run this report. So whenever the deletion job is allowed to delete messages for the above end date, they will be deleted.

Regards,

Balaji.M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jonny,

message are deleted from XI persistency layer if they

- are no longer in retention period

- are flagged for deletion

- have appropriate messages state

- have appropriate adapter state

Please note that

- there is only a small number of message states and adapter states that allow deletion

- messages will be deleted logically from if switch procedure is turned on

- physical deletion means that the disc space is not longer used; it does not mean the DBMS releases this space immediately

- archiving of is forced for messages which are canceled

In order to nail down the root cause for not deleting messages please follow OSS notes

step by step.

Best Regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf