cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sourcing security?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can we do security in E-sourcing? Anyone has any document on it?

Is the security in E-sourcing different from the standard R/3 Security? If yes how?

Thanks in advance for your inputs?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JOAT

If you have SAP service market place user id & password you go to the below mentioned link .You will get the esourcing config guide. and also the security guide

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/support

cheers

tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip

Could you please navigate me on service market place? I tried navigating and got lost. Even tried the search option.

Thanks

Jack

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack

Sorry for the delayed reply

type the following on your browser service.sap.com/srm, the site will redirect you to

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/srm

Enter your Service-market place ID

On the left-hand side you will get all the SRM product links, one of them will be

SAP E-Sourcing 5.x

Click on that link, you will get all the documents related to it

Please let me know if you could get to that state

Cheers

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

SAP E-Sourcing (formerlly Frictionless) has its own security system that is not part of the R/3 system. There are several components to the E-Sourcing security system; the most important are: user accounts, security profiles, user groups, and collaborator roles.

User Accounts are just what they sound like: basic user information and a user id. Single sign-on for authentication can be configured with NetWeaver if desirable. The user accounts can also be created, updated, and disabled by XLS/CSV import files to reduce maintenance if another system is the master of such data.

Security Profiles are the means by which access to specific functionlity is controlled. Typically, security profiles will be setup based on the user roles within the sourcing organization (sourcing expert, contract manager, contract template manager, ...). Security Profiles are assigned at either the user account level or to user groups. When assigned to user groups, the members of that group inherit the rights established in the security profile. A user can be associated with multiple security profiles - the rights in each profile are "unioned" to establish the rights of a user.

E-Sourcing uses a collaborator model to provide access to business documents (projects, rfxs, contracts, auctions, etc). Each business document gets a list of collaborators, which can be users or user groups. Further, a collaborator is given a role on the business document (e.g., read, read/write).

I hope this gives you a sense of the security system in E-Sourcing.

I am not aware of any specific documentation that covers the setup - the online help is probably a good place to start.

Regards,

Rob Stevenson

terry_westra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

So can eSourcing security be configured with SSO via Netweaver without using LDAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what one of SAP note 1275398 says.

Utilizing SSO between portal and E-Sourcing using the external authenticator class com.frictionless.usermgmt.security.ExtSAPNetWeaverAuthetication and

everything will work fine as long as the user id in E-Sourcing is in small case letters. The SSO does not work for user id's created in Uppercase letters on E-Sourcing. The eSourcing application is synchronizing users from LDAP and converts them in the case in which they are created on LDAP.

Vijay