cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Documents automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to assign documents automatically. In the SAP AII help website 2 options are given but not much information.

To assign documents automatically based on expected IDs, you can use the Business Add-In (BAdI) implementation /AIN/DOC_DTM_BY_EPC. For detailed information, see the system documentation for the BAdI.

To enable RFID device controllers to assign documents to particular RFID device groups and thereby to particular locations, you can use the RFC function module AII_DOC_DEVICE_ASSIGNMENT. You may want RFID device controllers to complete this assignment when you plan to have different deliveries at different gates and when you want to assign the documents to various RFID device groups before the deliveries are processed.

How do I implement the above options.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohammed can you state your requirement of document assignment more clearly. may be clarity

can let us decide what is the wat forward.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me give you more details.

I have a Inbound delivery created in SAP AII with docuement XXXX. Now I want to receive the RFID items against this delivery document. The general procedure is to manually assign this document to the RFID Device Group through which the RFID read message will be sent to SAP AII. This is done using the Assign Document option in Auto-Id cockpit.

I want the the manual assigning of document to RFID device group to be automated. In the SAP Help website the two options given, which I have posted in my previous message.

I want to know how to implement the options.

Thanks

michael_habermueller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

The first question you have to answer is.

"Based on what criteria should this automatic assignment been made".

Here an example of a typical inbound scenario.

1. The ASN sent by the supplier includes the EPC Codes contained in the shipment .

This ASN is replicated to AII to an inbound delivery.

2. The RFID Gates detects an tag. This results e.g in processing of rule LOAD_AA. In this rule the badi you mentioned is called . In this badi you search for a delivery which contains this epc in the expected object. You then assign this delivery to the gate. E.g by the function module.

Another option may be the following scneario :

A Custom program calculates the expected unloading time for deliveries. This program is run in batch. If this program detects that the expected unloading time is now, the deliver is assigned to the device. This program may use the fm you mentioned.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed.

AII has a table called /AIN/TDOCASSIGN which stores all the assignments that have been done manually using the Mobile UI.

Now let us say you have a particular requirement based on which the assignment needs to be done.

I think we can copy a standard AII activity, which on receiving of a backend message or a device message, has a business logic for the particular requirement and then an entry is made into the

above mentioned table. ( custom code development )

Once entry is the table, it can be used for all other processes.

Thanks and regards