Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM: Exit Button

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created a FPM application and I am able to successfully navigates from one VAC to another VAC.

In my VAC there is exit button present. On click of exit button I should exit my application (iView) and navigates back to personal data iView. How to do it? I had integetated WebDynpro iView inside the portal.

I found there is event fpm.navigate(NavigationTarget navTarget) .... Do I need to implement this method in Fc ? If yes then how? or I need to implement something else...

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

Does the confirmation box says some data is unsaved? if yes then it appears because somewhere in the code the isDirty() method might have been implemented.

isDirty() method checks before navigation to different view if any of the attribute value has been updated. It prompts user to save the data before navigation.

If the confirmation box is appearing in the NWDS but not in the portal then it can be issue with browser setting also.

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, the confirmation box is appearing (in NWDS) and says that some data is unsaved. But this confirmation box is not appearing in the portal.

I checked my Brower settings and my pop-up blocker is not blocked. Do I need to do some settings in browser so that confirmation box should appear?

Or, I need to write code for pop-up window so that confirmation box appears ?

Thanks

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Aishwarya.

Issues resolved by your solution...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

the method fpm.navigate() is used to navigate to a different view / perspective.

you need to implement this method in the Component Controller of your Fc which is added as a used component in your Vc where the exit button is present. Ant need to call the method from Vc on the action of Exit.

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In Fc u2013 CC I had implemented NavigationTarget method. If I run this WD application in NWDS and click on exit button a confirmation box is opened where I can select yes or no. The confirmation box appear as default functionality I assume, I had not written a single line of code for it. If I select yes I can successfully navigate to different view and if I click no then I remain in the same view.

When I run this iView from portal then all functionality works fine except this confirmation box functionally. If I click exit button in portal then the confirmation box is not displayed and also I am not able to navigate to different view.

Do I miss something in my code so that confirmation box functionally can be achieved in portal?

Thanks.