cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage of path field on Model Attribute context node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created a Model Attribute on context node, and one of its property is path . I want to know what is the usage of this . Once i bind my context to some model this field becomes un-editable . Can some body please tell me what is the usage of this property ??

Thanks in Advance

DJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

uwe_reeder
Explorer
0 Kudos

The 'path' property is intended to document the attribute's model binding. It should never be editable in the property editor. You only can edit the model binding via the wizard that is activated via the attribute's context menu.

Regards, Uwe

lothar_bender
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is not completely correct. The intend of the path property is on the one hand to show the path to a bound model class property, but one the other hand it can be used instead of a binding in order to reference a property of a related model class. Thus it gives you the possibility to define a 'join' using the context. This join can contain properties of different model classes that a related to each other.

Currently there is no value help for editing such a path, thus you have to enter it manually. There is also no validation of this path during generation in order to ensure consistency of the definition.