cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Type Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

In XI during Data Type's creation I have a small query.

If we create any filed in the Data type, in the "Details" column we have different options to fill in like below.

1. minLength

2. maxLength

3. pattern

4. enumeration

5. whiteSpace.

I know what they mean in XML world. But in XI I didn't understand what they actually do. Even in case of

mapping step, payload field values are not getting validated against these 5 properties. As per my understanding these 5 values are as good as like description and they do nothing in XI. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is there any place where we can use these 5 properties in XI either during UDF or any other place ?

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One thing I observed from them is, when you create proxies the associated elements on the application system make use of those and create structures based on the lengths mentioned there..!!

VJ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You are right ,this properties provided in the datatype definition are not utilized for Validating XML by default.

Check this :

Validating Messages using XML schema :

PI 7.1 has come up with a new feature of XML Validation in which this Properties are Utilized.

regards

Ganga

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in XI, what matters is the datatype,like xsd:string, amd the occurence.we dont use the min and max length and other properties.

thanks.

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

PI 7.1 Global Data Type Concept used, that provide XML and XSD similar format.

In Global Data Type we can define Maxlength and other parameter.