cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying DC's from Sandbox to Development Environment - How to ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using SandBox development environment for creating WebDynpro DC projects.Now how to copy existing DC projects to the actual Development environment.

I have tried to export the project but the DC Metadata folder is not adding to the .zip file.

Please help ....

Regards

Ananda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use CTS+ with NWDI transport option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am also working on the same issue for the past week or so and here are what i understand.

<B> NWDI is typically used for Code Management and build movement. </B>

1. Webdynpro DC's are added to DTR. NWDI can be used to create a SCA file which will help us carry the webdynpro components.

refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e6/2eb540e4c5782ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

2. Create a new Track in the Onsite NWDI and move the component in the manner Nibu has suggester above.

i havent succesfully implemented option 1 and hence option 2 is whats feasible.

Regards,

S.Divakar

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda,

Information about DC`s and SC`s is stored in "Development configuration root folder" (see Window-Preferences-Java development infrastructure-development configuration pool) under one of your configurations (initial one is Local Development) in .confdef and .syncdb files. So, to copy DC to appropriate configuration you need to add entry to .syncdb file:

<i>

<entry>

<key>MyComponents:SDNLib:sap.com</key>

<data>

<broken/>

<state>UNKNOWN</state>

<mode>LOCAL_ONLY</mode>

</data>

</entry>

</i>

and copy it to appropriate folder. For mentioned case it is <ROOT_FOLDER>\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\SDNLib\_comp

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda,

1) Create a new project in the actual Development environment.

2) Copy the package & mime folders of the existing project into the corresponding locations of the new project. You can do it through the navigator view. (src->packages & src -> mimes -> components )

3) In the webdynpro explorer, right click on the new project, select Reload -> Reload + Rebuild.

This will ineffect copy the old project into the new one.

But, the Used DCs may be removed from the list. So we have to add them again manually.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.