cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS License

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone if there is any extra license requirement for using TDMS ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suri143
Explorer
0 Kudos

TDMS is listed at in market  $33,750 (One-Time per 300 GB Database)

Regards

Suresh Kalimahanthi

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - there is.

According to my last information it´s based on the source database size.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just like any standard SAP Product, TDMS has a license fee. The license fee is not dependent on the number of users but it is charged per productive installation and also it is based on the DB size of the production system.

Hope this helps.

Avinash Janakiraman

Product Management

SAP TDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the TDMS license a "physical" license, which needs to be installed like an ordinary NetWeaver license using TC SLICENSE or is it more of an appendix to the existing contract and as such not visible in the system and not programmatically checked. I do not intend to pirate the use of TDMS - I just need to know if I can start installing/testing TDMS while the license purchase is still underway.

BR Lars, NNIT

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No - it´s just the invoice you need - there is nothing installed. If you have the download permissions (you see the DMIS* Addons) then you have the license already.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may be on the PRD server and size of data which can be transferred through TDMS for testing purposes.  Also, this data can be refreshed post deletion of the previous data transferred. 

Please clarify.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

TDMS license depends on DB size of the Production system installation.

Thanks and Regards,

Tanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PRD size is supposed to be raising every year.  If you have X amount of data taken as a license for TDMS which will anyhow overshoot at any given point of time at PRD due to growth of data size.  I think the logic is size of data to be transferred for test purposes from PRD server through TDMS engine for various business processes.

Please check whether the above is in order.

Regards,

rajesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

As suggested by others in this forum the TDMS license is based on the DB size of the production system on which DMIS / DMIS_CNT soft components is installed. ( Components required for running TDMS)

It does not depends on the amount of data you want to copy from the production system to any test system or the various business process you want to leverage using TDMS solution. Just on the total DB size.

USMM is the SAP Audit measurement tool that will take care of checking the current license purchase

compared to current DB size with respect to TDMS license usage.

Please check the note 1589679 in case your Audit team faced any issue calculating the TDMS AUDIT

check.

I hope this helps.

Do let us know if you need further information in this regards.

Thanks ,

Rajesh