cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Delivery & Distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not even sure if this is the right module to post this question in - but I am giving a try. Our company is not a manufacturing firm and it has implimented MM. There is a central unit which receives all the material ordered throughout the company in addition to the material that is maintained in house. We want to be able to keep track of all the shipments coming in by entering the information into SAP when a new shipment has arrived. We also would like to create a distribution list which might have in house materials and materials out for distribution. We are thinking about implimenting WM or SD. Is that a way to go or is there any other options in MM itself that can take care of this? Responses will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

We want to be able to keep track of all the shipments coming in by entering the information into SAP when a new shipment has arrived.

Now inorder to track this you can use the Std SAP functionality of Goods Receipt using MIGO transaction in MM. Using this you can track the date as well as time of your GR.

We also would like to create a distribution list which might have in house materials and materials out for distribution.

I guess your 2nd requirement is to track down the materials out for distribution which are produced inhouse. Now inorder to acheive this implementing SD would be the best possible solution.

Hope its clear.

Regards,