cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMR Inspection Severities Explanation

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the logic behind Dynamic Modification Rules, when you specify Inspection Stages and Inspection Severities, is the number of approved or rejected inspections assumed to be consecutive? or in total only?

Example, I have to inspect 10 lots, if no errors, I can advance to another stage where I can skip 6 inspections then inspect another 4. If two of the 4 inspected are rejected, I go back to inspecting 10 again. That means two rejects in total correct, not necessarily concurrent.

Is there any SAP documentation anywhere that explains that progression in more detail?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

As well explained by Sami,,,

Elaborating your example only. Stage -1 Normal Inspection, (where 10 consecutive lots must be Accepted.) Stage - Skip (Where 6 lots will be skipped after 10 lots accepted, from 11th to 16th) Stage - 3 Reduced Inspection (this new stage you need to create, where 4 lots will be inspected) But if as you questioned if........

If two of the 4 inspected are rejected, I go back to inspecting 10 again
. Make sure one thing that whenever lot post the lot as 'Rejected' the initial Stage will be set for the DMR. One more thing, skip lots means it doesn't mean there will be no lot, there will be a lot there against which you can record results and do UD also. But if you wont then it will be taken care by SAP and will be neglected as peer the DMR by SAP hence they will have the DMR level (Stage) accordingly. Refer the links, they may help you. [Define Inspection Severities|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/80/e72c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm]

[Defining an Inspection Stage Change|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/2d/350d37448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

lets say 2 stage(1- normal and 2- skip)

DMR if first 10 lot inspected and accepted then next 10 lot skip

means 10consecutive lots should be accepted.

Even in SKIP stage you can inspect @any point of time ,for ex 6th lot you want inspect and reject

then system will reset to 1st stage.

thanks

Sami