cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMIR & MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

the question is if you can maintain CMIR with the info of the material description that the customer would prefer, and also the same thing can be achived my material determination, i am little confused on, what is the difference.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Material determination is to determine another material in the place of a material i.e., swapping/replacing one material with another automatically.

CMIR helps in determining the same material irrespective of the descriptions used by different customers for the same material. CMIR's use is much more than - customer's Description of the material...it also specifies customer's preferences specific to that material..like, Plant, Delivery tollerances etc.,

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member550050
Active Contributor

Hi

Material determination is entirely different

For this material( not being available or may be any reason )the system offers another material

The system substitutes original material with another material

CMIR is a master record for that particular customer for that particular material these are the records or control data like description,Plant, delivery tolerences

When the same combination of customer and material falls in the sales order if CMIR is maintained that takes priority over CMR,MMR

Apart from descriptions CMIR has a lot of control functions

Go to VD51 click on to the details and see

Regards

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

have to thank all of your guys, to clear my confusion

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These two are different ....

CMIR :- Ex : if customer wants own discreption for particualr material then we need to maintain CMIR in VD51.

MD : Material Determination is Swaping the material ie, if customer is placed for A material if A is not available system automatically detrmines B in the line item.

provided you have maintain the condition records for the same in VB11.

Regards

Ramesh.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dilip

CMIR is something where you are clubbing both Customer and material ,that means say you have made a CMIR for customer 1000 with material MAT1 as ZCM1.So when you create a sales order with that customer 1000 then there is no need to enter the material , instead of entering the material you can enter the CMIR number ZCM1 ,so automatically system will pick the shipping conditions , and other priorities from that CMIR if they are maintained .if they are not maintained then it will pickup from CMR and then MMR .

As far as Material determination is concerned it is a conditon technique where you are determining a material i.e., where you are substituting a material .Say for example For MAT1 material you want to substitute MAT2 material then you will be using Material determination

So CMIR and Material determination both are different concepts

Regards

Srinath