cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI vs DESKI code

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following forumal code in WEBI and DESKI

In WEBI it resolves the value to a number and therefore I can sum it up.

In DESKI it will not allow me to cast it to a number and therefore it will not compute as a measure.

Any idea how I can alter the DESKI code to behave in the same manner as the WEBI code

From DeskI:

=Hyperlink"https://xireporting.medtronic.com:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sPath=[Finance],[Cost+Center/Project+Reporting],[Transaction+Reports]&sDocName=Project+Transaction&sType=wid&sRefresh=Y&sWindow=New&lsSEnter+Project+Key:=" +FormatNumber(<Project Key(Project)> ,"0")+"&lsSEnter+Project+Level+Key:=" +FormatNumber(<Project Level Key(Project)> ,"0")+"&lsSEnter+Level+5+Account:=" +<Level 5 Account>+"&lsSEnter+Time+Key:=" +FormatNumber(<Fiscal Month Time ID> ,"0")+"&lsSEnter+Fiscal+Month+No:=" +FormatNumber(<Fiscal Month No(Project)> ,"0") ,FormatNumber(<MTD Actual> ,"(###0)"))

From WebI

="<a href=../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sPath=[Finance],[Cost%20Center/Project%20Reporting],[Transaction%20Reports]&sDocName=Project%20Transaction&sWindow=New&sRefresh=Y&lsSEnter%20Project%20Key:=" + FormatNumber([Project].[Project Key];"0")+"&lsSEnter%20Project%20Level%20Key:=" + FormatNumber([Project].[Project Level Key];"0") + "&lsSEnter%20Level%205%20Account:=" +[Level 5 Account] +"&lsSEnter%20Time%20Key:=" +FormatNumber([Fiscal Month Time ID];"0") + "&lsSEnter%20Fiscal%20Month%20No:=" +FormatNumber([Project].[Fiscal Month No];"0") + ">" +FormatNumber([MTD Actual];"(#,##0)") + "</a>"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The functionality that you are trying to achieve with Deski is not possible for the following reason.

Hyperlink formula in Deski is treated as a Text in Deski and we cannot apply a Sum on Text Fields.

The same deski report when viewed through InfoView will show you the numbers. For applying a sum you will have to open it with Desktop Intelligence Tool and the first point is applied.

Thanks,

Sheeba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darrin,

Can you not jsut put the formula sum(<month actual>) in the table footer?

Regards

Alan

Answers (0)