cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 Installation - Default Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed a sandbox PI7.1 system and client 001 was setup as the Integration Server. After the Config Wizard all the service roles were setup in clnt 001. I had go in and manually change these to clnt 100

Is there a way in which we can ensure the clnt 100 is setup as the Integration Server after installation and all the service roles are setup in clnt 100? Is there a place in installation where we can specify the default client?

Regards,

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP installation document clearly mentions that after certain steps are done you should do a client copy to 100 or some other and carryout the installation and confuguration from threre. It is not an easy task to look in to all the areas and change things to 100.

If the system is fresh and time is not a constraint, I would suggest to install again from scratch.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijaya,

We ran the config wizard after the client copy. But the services roles are available only in clnt 001 and not in clnt 100. The clnt 001 is registered as the integration server. I can change that and regenerate the roles manually... I would like to know if that is normal...changing the clnt 100 to integration server and creating the service roles in clnt100.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not at all, keep 001 as your integration server.

There's no mandatory requirement to install it in client 100.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for your response guys...The issues seem to that the config wizard was run after the client copy instead of doing it the other way around...thats why the roles were not available in the new clnt.

I still would like to know what is the best practice - Run XI on clnt 001 or on any other clnt. Is there a forum or a doc which discusses the pros and cons?

Regards,

Arvind R

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arvind,

SAP PI default client is 001 and SAP does not recommend changing the client see note 1115280.

-Regards