cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM reset problem after installing SAP MI 2.5 SP19 Patch 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have just tried in a test system to upgrade at client side our MI 2.5 SP19 to patch level 8. At the moment we are using patch level 3 but there are some fixes that might solve some sync problems.

But when I do a MAM reset after the upgrade, I can not start up the Mobile Engine anymore. I'm using a dual core laptop and 50% (= 1 full core) of the processor is in use. After around 1 minute I get the following error message:

Time out 61
Can't Connect to server!

I had a look in the trace file and there I found the following:

[20081211 15:28:18:448] I [MI/API/Logging  ] ***** LOG / TRACE SWITCHED ON
[20081211 15:28:18:448] I [MI/API/Logging  ] ***** Mobile Infrastructure Version: MI 25 SP 19
                                                            Patch 08 Build 200710251458
[20081211 15:28:18:448] I [MI/API/Logging  ] ***** Current Timezone: Europe/Paris
[20081211 15:28:18:448] I [MI/API/Logging  ] ***** Current Trace Level: 50
[20081211 15:28:18:995] E [MI/Persistence  ] NESTED TRANSACTION ERROR: A transaction has
                                                             already been started

I 've tried to put the trace level a bit higher to see if I get more information, but when givin' in a higher trace level in the MobileEngine.config file (= 60 or higher), everything seems to work: I can reset the MAM and start the Mobile Engine up again.

MobileEngine.Trace.Level=1000

Has anyone experienced the same problem? After some tests, it seems that every trace level number below 60 lets the MI crash, while every number beginning from 60 or higher lets the MI start up as normal.

Does someone know what to do about it?

When rolling back to SP19 patch 3 it works again fine.

Thanks for your advice and feedback!

Best regards,

Diederik Van Wassenhove

Edited by: Diederik Van Wassenhove on Dec 11, 2008 4:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diederik

Yes there is a problem with the trace setting and Reset Client in this particular Patch (Not exactly with the level of the trace but with the mode Trace OFF or ON). This has already been fixed on higher SPs (See SAP Note 1149090. This is for 7.0) but i believe its not yet been fixed in this particular SP since it quite old. Hence suggest you to upgrade to an higher SP or report this problem to SAP via OSS and you can expect a patch that solves this issue.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivakumar,

Thanks for your quick answer!

I would love to upgrade to a higher service pack, but as far as I know, server side and client side should run on the same service pack.

As far as I know (but I have to check that with our system admin) our middleware is using SP19 as well, so I have to wait until they will upgrade the middleware server (which is a matter of who will pay for that).

Best regards,

Diederik

Answers (0)