cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP language parameter setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears:

The parameter zcsa/installed_languages which is in RZ10, control the sap language parameter setting, but i am not very understand how to set the value, i find some set the value to 123EM, i don't know that the 123 meaning here. And some just set it to DE2, D is for Germany, and E is for English, so what is 2 for? Do you know the standard value setting for this parameter?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Table T002 contains the single digit language codes

1 = ZH = Simplified Chinese (PRC)

2 = TH = Thai

3 = KO = Korean

M = ZF = Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)

The standard setting is whatever languages the company uses in SAP.

Former Member

The language environment that comes with the standard SAP installation includes German and English. To use SAP with other languages, you must perform a language import or supplement (use transaction SMLT). Changes in the language environment usually require changes in the codepage setup, which requires changes in some database tables and in the profile files.

Most language administration can be done with transactions SMLT and SP12, and reports RSCP0001, RSCP0004, RSCP0017, and RSCP0020.

The codepage environment is summarized in the report RSCP0001. Running the report will generate a screen with codepage parameters drawn from different places. A proper codepage setup usually requires that all codepage parameters are the same. This table show the output of the RSCP0001 report, and where its data is drawn from: Report output Source

1. Table TCPDB

Code page for transparent data in the database Entry in TCPDB table

Code page for non-transparent data in the

database (for example, pools and clusters) Entry in TCP0C table (can change from online report above)

2. System profile parameters

Code page for transparent data in the database install/codepage/db/transp = 8300

Code page for non-transparent data in the

database (for example, pools and clusters) install/codepage/db/non_transp = 8300

Code pages used by this application server install/codepage/appl_server = 8300

Code pages used by SAPTEMU saptemu/Codepage = 8300

For example, changes in the instance profile, for Traditional Chinese, might look like:

1. Change Installed languages to include M (Traditional Chinese)

zcsa/installed_languages = DEM

1. Change to desired language for logon screen

zcsa/system_language = E

1. Add the following parameters for Chinese Character Set

install/codepage/appl_server = 8300

install/codepage/db/transp = 8300

install/codepage/db/non_transp = 8300

saptemu/Codepage = 8300

abap/locale_ctype = Chinese(Taiwan)_Taiwan.950

install/collate/active = 0

abap/locale_all/needed = 0

rscp/TCP0B = TCP0D

abap/set_text_env_at_new_mode =1

abap/import_char_conversion = 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan,

Can I add a new language on SAP, without stopping SAP ?

Is it possible to do it online, without affecting the users ?

Thanks in advance for reply

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan:

Thanks for your reply. But i can't open the link you provide. When i open it, there is an error popup said the website is refused.