Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using very large XSD in Message Mapping - POSLog

former_member378318
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to build a message mapping based on an external definition (.xsd) downloaded from the ARTS webpage (Association for Retail Technology Standards). In PI (7.0) I am able to succesfully create an External Definition based on the downloaded XSD. The resulting external definition syntax checks ok and contains the message type POSLog.

Next I try to create a message mapping using the external definition as the source message type. This is where it all starts to wrong. When I select the external definition as the source message type PI seems unable to complete the task, I get an hour glass. No matter how long I leave it in this state, it never comes back.

I'm thinking because the xsd is so large PI is having problems trying to render the mapping. I am working over a VPN but cannot see any network traffic. Windows task manager shows that process javaws is taking up the majority of the processing. My laptop slows to a crawl until I kill the repository. Though my laptop only has 504Mb of RAM we have another with 1Gb which has the same problem.

Any ideas? The exact same xsd can be downloaded from...

http://www.nrf-arts.org/

ARTS Standards -> ARTS XML

All public shemas -> download

download the POSLog schema (which is free) not the documentation.

Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe this could help:

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

First try the JNLP option given by Patrick.

If it doesnt work and if you are not actually sending each and every input field to the target,then you can create a subset of the actual xsd by including only the fields you use to create your target.

Also, make sure, you are maintaining the hierarchy of the input xsd.

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member378318
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Patrick,

That did the trick and I like the idea of changing a local copy of the jnlp file. Finally had to run the task on a laptop with 2Gb of RAM with heap-size = 1536m and sap.theme = Tradeshow (not sure if this helps).

It is still very slow moving around the graphical mapping so I have placed an order for more RAM (upto 4Gb). I think Win32 can use upto 3.5 Gb so i'm hoping for a further improvement.

It is a ludicrously large xsd.

Thanks Again

Surbjeet