cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDCopyService Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it better to use model nodes directly in our application or is it better to create separate nodes and use WDCopyService?

Which one will give better performance?

Thankx,

Naaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bvr,

I think you didnt understand my question.I wanted to know the advantages of creating a separate node for accessing the model structure using WDCopyService over directly using the model node in our view to bind it to our UI.

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

u still working or done let me know

bvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Main Advantage of creating a seperate value node is.. u cn manipulate values which r coming frm BAPI

if u r directly mapping model node to UI elements..

n in future u hv to manipulate sme values like u hv to change a value which is float in model node n u hav to display it in integer thn u cnt do it directly via model node.. u'll need to create seperate value node for this..

for future perspective to create a seperate node is better approach.

Regards

Khushboo

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bvr,

Yes I am working on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bvr,

In the link you have given there is no information regarding it.I would like to have more information on it.Can you help me on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruturaj,

Thankx for the quick reply.Can you please explain what are the adavantages and disadvantages of using it.

former_member191569
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I always replicate data in model nodes into context nodes. I prefer not to have model nodes or model attributes in View Controllers, and have only context nodes and context attributes bound to view controls.

I'm not sure if is better or not this approach, but this way the view is somewhat isolated from the model stuff.

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

just go this document

http://www.sap-press.de/download/dateien/1347/sappress_inside_web_dynpro_for_java.pdf

let me know u need any additional info

bvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

According to my openion better to create separate nodes and use WDCopyService

Regards

Ruturaj