cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWCE 7.1, SAP-Java Logger. Where can i see them? Not in App-Srv-Log-Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i now want to use the sap logging instead of using system.err.println() in my EJBs;

for this my bean is defined as:

public class KMTestBean implements KMTestLocal {

private static final com.sap.tc.logging.Location logger = 
		    com.sap.tc.logging.Location.getLocation(KMTestBean.class);

public String findResource(String rid)
         {
                logger.entering();
		logger.logT(Severity.DEBUG,"Start findResource");
		System.err.println("Start putFileData");
                .... // do something
                logger.exiting();
         }
}

but when running, i only see the output of my System.err.println, Not my logger-Messages in the Log-Viewer of the Netweaver 7.1 CE-Admin Log-Viewer.

Any ideas?

regards

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a Web AS 6.40/7.0 guide, which may give you an idea on how to set it up for 7.1

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/using%20l...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can see it in "usr/sap/CE1/J01/j2ee/cluster/server0/<your log dir>/<log_file_name.log>"

Former Member
0 Kudos

see description in my last entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunatly it is not descriped in the NW 7.1CE documentation how to configure the logging, but only the way to use logging in coding.

i now found out how to configure logging NW 7.1CE

First you have to start the NW-Administrator-Webpage.

Than you go to: Problem-Management->Logs and Traces->Log Configuration

Under Drop-Down-Selectbox "Show", you can select if you want to see/configure Log-Settings (Categories) or Trace-Settings (Locations). In the table of that page you see a hierachical tree of Categories (when configure Log-Settings) or Locations (when configure Locations and in my case (look code example in my thread opener) the tree applies to the package hierarchy of the traced Class)

In the righ side of that table you see the severities which are logged/traced. The default here is "Error". Due that my trace-entries had the severity "debug" or "Info" (or for the logger.entering() and logger.exiting() it is "path"), it was not written to the Log/Trace.

regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hayk,

is it possible in NWCE to divert traces for each application to different location? if yes plz let me know can i maintain traces for each application(Web dynpro ane java applications) seperately instead of maintaining in defaultTraceXX.trc in log folder.

Kavita