Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Error

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

One of my user is getting an error, he is unable to process his Idocs,

Error while writing IDOC to file:

Message no: EA084

Diagnosis:

The IDOC was to be written to file
****************\\*

This was not possible because no authorization for writing to this file

Any one have any idea on this?

Thanks,

Sun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First guess - Check if user has auth. obj. S_DATASET in his/her profile and what authorization values are contained in it.

If the user has authorizations to write then run a trace (ST01) or check the last failed auth. check (SU53, and display data for a different user).

9 REPLIES 9

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First guess - Check if user has auth. obj. S_DATASET in his/her profile and what authorization values are contained in it.

If the user has authorizations to write then run a trace (ST01) or check the last failed auth. check (SU53, and display data for a different user).

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help

Sun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also do check object S_PATH.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help

Sun

0 Kudos

Hi, sun, could you tell me the root cause for this? Because i get the same issue.

0 Kudos

Rick,

If you are having the exact same issue I suggest you check user's authorizations for S_DATASET auth. object and see if they user has authorizations to write (ACTVT '34') for the path you want to write the file (IDOC) to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently faced same issue. I was also convinced that it’s an authorization issue. [Also so a SAP note saying same thing]. The error was coming in sales order output when user was saving sales order.

I checked the status record for the error message and found out that file was getting written using Dialogue user. Dialogue were not allowed to have authorization of S_DATASET for that particular interface folder.

So the solution was to change partner profile setting from 'Send idoc immediately' to 'Collect Idoc'. Then schedule RSEOUT00 frequently using a batch user  to send out the IDoc.

So did not have to convince authorization team to give dialogue user authorization to write file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help. Many Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.