cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR EIC Employee Interaction Centre & Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Can any one let me know are there any standard ABAP reports available in SAP HR EIC? in addition to standard BI reports?

And if we dont use portal integration is there any need to give SSC team authorization to any EIC transation codes? Like HREIC? if any please let me know.

Hope even if portal is not integrated the user would login into the IC Webclient and perform tasks.

Thanks

MP Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jarret Pazahanick above is THE man to ask for all things EIC!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I will be greatful to you if you can share your EIC expertise knowledge on the following:

1. New org structure for SSC is pre-requisit? We have SSC Level 1 (Teire 1)

SSC Level 2 (Teir 2)

HRBP & COE

So do we need to create 4 org units and create positions under all org units, later assign Profiles to org units? Or can we asign profiles to Users? What is the standard process followed?

2. Only Team Leads should have Broadcasting Message option. So will they have different profile? than team members? So within same level will there be need of 2 different profiles?

3. Can we use exixting org structure of the company ? If so how do we map to SSC team and levels?

4. If we create new str what will be the plan version? Is it same like existing? And will there be connection with both?

5. If we create newstructure if we want person for example one HR assistant to work in SSC level 1, how to change is org structure? should we re-hire to new str ment for SSC? Hope you would have got the point how I am looking at the issue, kindly advise me accordingly.

6. In Blue print they mentioned standard profiles will be used? So how do we use them? Based on what we have to decide,for whom to assign?

7. where can I find standard Profiles in system? In IMG?

sorry to bother you with so many questions but once I am clear with these basic questions I am clear wit most of the other config settings, hopefully

Thanks in Advance, and hope you would guide me in succeeding. I tried to get HR150 course material on net but failed to get. Where can I get, as apart from SAP Help I dont have any ref material? Blueprint is prepared by external consultant, CRM guy.

MP Kumar

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Given the volume the questions it would be my recommendation that you look to get an EIC expert on your project for a short duration as many of your questions actually need more detail before they can be answered.

I would also be slightly concerned that a CRM consultant created the blueprint as the HCM EIC although similar to CRM IC in some ways is actually quite different.

It is my understanding that EIC Experts with be publishing an article in HR Experts in Jan/Feb which goes into detail the functionality regarding the organizational structure and EIC so that should be helpful if you can wait.

Are you currently doing consulting work for a client or on the project team?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply.

Currently I am working at client site on EIC project, I am responsible for EIC configuration in this project. Blueprint is ready so I need to start with config immediately.

Your guidance can help me in showing me the right directions.

Thanks a lot.

MP Kumar

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said earlier, given the volume the questions it would be my recommendation that you look to get an EIC expert on your project for a short duration as many of your questions actually need more detail before they can be answered. The good news is that they are all pretty straightforward and easy.

On a side note, It is my understanding that EIC Experts with be publishing an article in HR Experts in Jan/Feb which goes into detailed the functionality regarding the organizational structure and EIC so that should I would recommend that you read that as it will answer a majority of your questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret

Can you please provide me the standard process followed on Org str for EIC we have Level 1 /Level 2/ HR BP & C of E (Centre of Excellence) total 4 owners to handle Activities.

and the basic concept on what profiles. ( in system allready standard profiles are provided, right?) Can you brief on this?

I dont bother you to answer all the earlier mentioned, so you can let me know in general, which is practiced.

And you have mentioned EICEXPERTS, on portal i dint get much info??? Do you mean to say on porta reference materil is available?

Thanks a lot...

Kumar

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your first question is a real good one and the article in HR Experts will answer that in great detail when it is published in January. The EIC organizational set up is not that well understood as there is limited documentation from SAP.

As far as your profile question, you will typically set up a series of custom profiles such as (activity, inbox, email, navigation) and configure them according to the requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret

I checked on eicexperts portal but i could not find the article on Org structure published in Jan 2008, there is no search option on portal to get the old publication please let me know how do I get that.

consultmpk at rediffmail.com

MP KUmar

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I stated earlier the article will be out in Jan or Feb (2009) and it will be on http://www.hrexpertonline.com/ which I would recommend that you subscribe to as the content will really help you on your project.

The org structure and profiles are the foundation of the EIC system and I cant imagine any EIC project being successful without a very very clear understanding of each.

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to close this thread enclosed is the "Make the Most of the Employee Interaction Center with an Effective Organizational Structure" article mentioned above

http://www.hrexpertonline.com/article.cfm?id=3686

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no standard EIC reports as the expectation is that you use the activity search and BI for all reporting. Typically we have seen several custom reports developed depending on client.

As far as your security question the user will be able to log in to the IC webclient using HREIC. But you do need authorization setup for this. As a general note, new functionality around EIC security is available in EHP4,

I would recommend that you review www.eicexperts.com as they offer some excellent information about the employee interaction center.