cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brtools extend tablespace error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears:

Today when i try to test the brtools to extend 6G for one tablespace, and there is a error said not enough free space in the filesystem. But in fact, the filesystem which i want to add the data file still has 17G free space to use. I have no idea why this error happy. What the tablespace is extend is the BI system, and the filesystem i want to add data file is /sapdata5. The tablespace already set to auto extend..

I paste the detail information as below, can someone help?

-

Options for extension of tablespace PSAPSR3ODS (1. file)

1 * Last added file name (lastfile) ....... [/oracle/MAC/sapdata7/sr3ods_42/sr3ods.data42]

2 * Last added file size in MB (lastsize) . [6000]

3 - New file to be added (file) ........... [/oracle/MAC/sapdata5/sr3ods_43/sr3ods.data43]

4 ~ Raw disk / link target (rawlink) ...... []

5 - Size of the new file in MB (size) ..... [6000]

6 - File autoextend mode (autoextend) ..... [yes]

7 - Maximum file size in MB (maxsize) ..... [0]

8 - File increment size in MB (incrsize) .. [100]

9 - SQL command (command) ................. [alter tablespace PSAPSR3ODS add datafile '/oracle/MAC/sapdata5/sr3ods_43/sr3ods.data43' size 6000M autoextend on next 100M maxsize unlimited]

Standard keys: c - cont, b - back, s - stop, r - refr, h - help

-

BR0662I Enter your choice:

c

BR0280I BRSPACE time stamp: 2008-12-11 17.45.19

BR0663I Your choice: 'c'

BR0259I Program execution will be continued...

BR1059E Not enough free space in /oracle/MAC/sapdata5/sr3ods_43 for maximum size of file /oracle/MAC/sapdata5/sr3ods_43/sr3ods.data43, missing at least 14761.918 MB

BR0669I Cannot continue due to previous warnings or errors - you can go back to repeat the last action

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bach Bach ,

Seems in /oracle/MAC/sapdata5/ is not having space, change this to other avilable sapdata and try.

check the below link for the brtools help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/38/ac713f55a80866e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

S.Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manu susankar:

Thanks for your reply. But i check that the filesystem /oracle/MAC/sapdata5 still has 17G free space, and i only add 6G new data file to this filesystem,so i think the free space should be enough for the new data file to extend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bach,

do you still getting the same error after entering the max value equals(6000) to new data file size?

other you try to add the datafile in auto extent OFF mode and then alter the auto extent to ON.

-Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gokul:

Thanks for your reply. I already use command to add the tablespace.But i will test your method next time. If i still have problem, then i will ask for help again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please enter maximum file size equal to size of new file

5 - Size of the new file in MB (size) ..... 6000

6 - File autoextend mode (autoextend) ..... yes

7 - Maximum file size in MB (maxsize) ..... [6000]

-Gokul