cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPMMC snap-in could not be created after installing TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We have an WEB AS Java only 640 SP19. There is a gateway instance installed too.

We wanted to install TREX 7.0 on our Windows Server 2003 because TREX 6.1 is not available for 64bit Windows. The installation ran without any errors. But the SAP MMC does not show any Instances at all. There is an error message saying:

MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly.

Name: SAP Systems Manager

CLSID: {633547EE-A302-11D1-AE59-080009B07DBB}

We tried to use older SAPMMC.msc files. But that didn´t help.

Are there any known problems with WebAS 640 and TREX 7.0? In sapnotes we read that it should work.

yours sincerly

Tobias Nagel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see my last post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

thanks for the answers.

I don´t get the error messages now and the Central Instance and SCS is showing. But the gateway and TREX instances are not there.

I registered all sapmmc*.dll files and installed the latest sapmmc.msc.

Edit:

hi, again.

I solved the problem.

The problem was the librfc32.dll in windows/system32. TREX 7.0 changes the version of the librfc32 to Version 7. The gateway and the SAPMMC do not like that and stop working. Gateway Service doesn´t start and the windows event viewer says: "...The following information is part of the event: The dynamic link library librfc32.dll could not be loaded."

We changed the librfc32.dll back to Version 640 and all Instances showed in the SAPMMC after starting the Gateway service manually.

I hope other people with the same problem can solve it with this information.

bye bye

Edited by: Tobias Nagel on Dec 12, 2008 8:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are running realtime antivirus scanning, please deactivate it - note 106267 Virusscanner Software under Windows NT. Also please patch the mmc dll's to the latest version.

Try to register the R/3 MMC Snap-in again using regsvr32 sapmmc.dll. Please, refer to SAP note 354595.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If not already, try re-registering SAPMMC with system libraries:

make sure you close all MMC sessions.

run "SAPSTARTSRV.exe -t from the command prompt and confirm the window without any changes.

Hope this helps.

Kalyan.