Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict posting period only a limited set of users using Auth Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can someone help me in restricting posting period to only a limited number of users?

Currently OB52 settings look like below:

From Per.1 Year To Period From per.2 Year To Period

7 2009 8 8 2008 8

My requirement is:

I want to only few users to post in the 7th period and all others to post in the 8th period.

I know this can be done via authorization group: Can someone please help me with the steps invloved in solving the same?

Thanks in advance

Sidharth

Basis Administration

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

The authorisation object help for B_BKPF_BUP tells you everything you need to do.

Make sure that you assign the auth group against the correct year & period which you want to protect in OB52

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response!

I have added F_BKPF_BUP object manually in the test role and assigned 0002 auth group in it.

I have created auth group 0002 and assigned table T001B in SE54.

Auth group 0002 is then assigned in the OB52 at the last column. This should restrict the posting for period 1 which i need to restrict for some users.

Now as per the logic, if we dont assign any auth group, users should not be able to post for that period. But in my case user is able to post successfully via F-02.

Please help me as we need to implement this before month end.

Many thanks for your valuable help!

Thanks

Sidharth

0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth

Generally, with auth groups, if an auth group is not assigned then there is no restriction - in this case, unless a period has been closed, then all users will be able to post to that period.

By assigning an auth group to a period, only users with that auth group can post to that period.

In your request:

only few users to post in the 7th period and all others to post in the 8th period.

You should leave 8th period open and assign auth group to the 7th period. You then assign the appropriate role with the auth group in it to the small set of users who need to access the 7th period.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

As per my OB52 settings:

7th period is open for only few users and 8th period is open for all.

I have assigned the Auth group FC31 in the first line.

I am not how can we assign auth group only to one period, in my case 7th?

We can assign the auth group only at the end of the OB52 and not specifically for each period.

Please help

Sidharth

0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth

Please ask your FI team to create the relevant entries in OB52 to allow this. You can create multiple lines for a comp code to allow splitting periods, account ranges etc (they are already split for accoutn type). They need to do this in a way which lets you assign the auth group to period 7.